…but that’s not the point, not that there is one, so don’t go getting your hopes up, you’ll just be setting yourself up for disappointment.
. . .
So, yeah, I’m still here. Lots of craziness around here lately. So much craziness, it can only be contained in list format!
- We traded in both of our gas guzzlers – my good-for-family-travel-but-costs-an-arm-a-leg-and-a-major-organ-to-fill-up Suburban and Deputy Dad’s big-honkin’-macho-man-4-wheel-drive-15-miles-to-the-gallon pick-em-up truck and got a … ::whispering:: … minivan. A 2003 Pontiac Montana, to be exact. I suppose this officially makes me a Soccer Mom…although, since neither of the girls plays soccer, I’m not so much a Soccer Mom as a Basketball-Gymnastics-Softball-Chess Club Mom. I’ve been blasting Shakira over its little minivan speakers since we got it last week, in an effort to somehow convince myself that I’m not really, you know, driving a minivan. But even a constant loop of “Hips Don’t Lie” isn’t enough to refute the undeniable evidence that yes, I am, in fact, you know, driving a (gulp) minivan. Any “cool factor” I was clinging to is now dead, dead, dead, and gone the way of my 1980’s leg warmers and Trapper Keepers. Sigh. Perhaps our new ride needs some flames, à la Circus Kelli?
- I think I exceeded the Maximum Number of Links Per Entry Allowed by Law in that last item, and it took me so long to type it, now I don’t remember what else I…wait! Got it!
- The Drama Queen’s basketball season is over. They had their tournament last week. She was so excited, bless her little heart. “MOM! We got SIXTH PLACE in the CHAMPIONSHIPS!” So happy and thrilled. The first person to remind her there were only six teams will be condemned to an eternity of watching Congressional debates on CSPAN – without sound – while listening to the magical song stylings of Deputy Dad’s Butt Trumpet.
- Now that basketball is over, it is of course time for softball sign-ups. AND next week begins the last month of school, which means we’ll be barraged with awards assemblies, the first grade play, end-of-school parties, Vacation Bible School, and the like. Lord help me. Here we go again.
- Big Boy is KILLING ME these days, with the whiny and the tantrums and the clingy and the squawking and the OH MY GOD ENOUGH ALREADY. I was relieved when we got him off his pacifier a couple months ago, but I swear sometimes I’m thisclose to buying more, just so I can stick one in his mouth to SHUT. HIM. UP.
- Other than that, you know, he’s a perfect angel. Really.
- I seem to be pulling away from the blogosphere a bit…not posting much, not responding to comments, not visiting my blog neighbors as frequently, and not commenting as often as I used to, when I do visit. I think maybe it’s because I seem to be focusing more on Real Life. And if that’s it, then that’s good, right? Because, hey, I love my computer friends and this little blog world, but living outside of this virtual reality is good for the psyche, don’t you think?