Three reasons I am frowning today:
1. It’s Monday morning. Again. Need I say more?
2. Baby Boy REFUSES to sleep through the night these days. Deputy Dad and I are frustrated and EXHAUSTED.
3. I am facing an UNBELIEVABLE schedule of activities this week, which is TOTALLY STRESSING ME OUT. For example, this afternoon I will pick Miss Attitude up from school at 3:10, then pick The Drama Queen up from school and Baby Boy from the sitter, race to the house to fix the girls a snack, get homework done, and nurse Baby Boy. I will then rush, while dragging the kids along, to meet with Mother-In-Law and a friend at 4:30 to rehearse a couple of songs for Friday night’s local American Cancer Society Relay for Life activities. (I just got a call last week, at practically the last minute, asking our trio to sing this coming Friday. And I said yes. Because I am a glutton for punishment. And because I am, apparently, mildly retarded.) We’ll probably practice ’til about 5:30 or so. Then Miss Attitude has T-ball practice from 6:00 to 7:00. (I can’t just leave her there, not only because I want to watch her practice, but also because the area where they practice is Not A Good Neighborhood, and I just WON’T leave her there without Deputy Dad or me there to keep an eye on her.) Once her practice is over, we’ll still be faced with supper, baths and bedtime.
Rinse and repeat for tomorrow and Thursday, except throw in The Drama Queen’s softball practice, from 5:30 to 6:30. That’s right. I’ll take The Drama Queen to practice at 5:30, take Miss Attitude to practice at 6:00. Pick up The Drama Queen at 6:30, pick up Miss Attitude at 7:00. All the while dragging Baby Boy around with me.
Three Four reasons I am smiling today:
1. I had the pleasure of talking on the phone with my Best Blogging Friend, Colleen, on Saturday night. We had such a good visit, and chatted so easily, it felt like we’d known each other for years.
2. Speaking of pleasure, this weekend, Deputy Dad and I……[yeah, like I’m really gonna give you THOSE details].
3. Despite the fact that my children often drive me crazy and are threatening to send me to an early grave, they really are very cute and very sweet, and I couldn’t be more in love with them.
[Updated to add a fourth reason I am smiling]
4. I am simply thrilled that hard-working, all-around-great-guy, NYC Fireman Tom won Survivor: Palau over sniveling, whining, flip-flopping Katie. It’s been a long time since the winning Survivor was someone who truly deserved it.
[I am, however, frowning because I missed Desperate Housewives to watch the Survivor finale. I think Mother-In-Law may have taped it, though.]