I had barely finished breathing a sigh of relief that Bucky Four-Eyes didn’t tag me with the meme she posted at her place, when I checked my email and found a tag from Susie. Is this like a chain letter? I hope it’s not illegal….
1. What book would I like to be?
Oh, good grief…any book will do, as long as it just lies there resting all the time. Surely there’s a book titled “Eternal Slumber”? (Why yes, I am very tired…why do you ask?)
2.Have I ever had a crush on a fictional character?
I never realized this until just now, but I think I had a little thing for Nancy Drew.
3.What is the last book I bought?
Glorious Appearing: The End of Days (#12 in the Left Behind series) by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins (I’ve had it for almost a year and haven’t read it yet. Sigh.)
4. What is the last book I read?
The Purpose-Driven Life by Rick Warren
5.What am I currently reading?
You Can’t Make Me (But I Can Be Persuaded): Strategies for Bringing Out the Best in Your Strong-Willed Child by Cynthia Tobias
6. What 5 books would I take with me if I were stranded on an island?
1. The Bible
2. The book I listed in #3, ’cause maybe I’d finally have time to read it.
3. The other 11 books in the Left Behind series (and yes, this DOES count as one book…because I said so, that’s why)
4. Catch-22 by Joseph Heller, ’cause every time I read it I discover something I missed before.
5. Any Nancy Drew boxed set, now that I’ve discovered that I have…umm…feelings for her.
7. What 3 people am I going to tag and make answer these questions and why?
1. Colleen, because she’s my closest internet friend, and this is a cool way to learn more about her.
2. Danielle, because I think she might enjoy it, and I know she and her hubby have some fun books lying around.
3. Kit at What She Said because she’s the one person who reads my blog, whom I also know “outside” the blogosphere, and because I know she’ll call me a brat for it.
[I just realized how mundane my life has become in this area. I promise, I used to read books, I used to be somewhat of an intellectual, and I used to be interesting. Oh, and I used to be thin, too. (That’s off the subject, I know, but worth mentioning, don’t you think?)]